Ulduar Clear Videos - Closure of EU-Stormscale
Here are 3 videos of a full clear of Ulduar, thanks to Closure of EU-Stormscale. This is a perfect time to check them out, while the servers are down for 3.1.1 today. If you want to download everything, you can find it on Warcraft Movies.Ulduar - Part 1 Ulduar - Part 2 Ulduar - Part 3 3.1.1 on April 21st, 2009
Patch 3.1.1 will be going live tomorrow. The patch includes the below listed "recently fixed" additions that require a client patch, as well as bugfixes for talent issues.
Quote from: Zechthal (Source)
We will be performing maintenance for all realms on Tuesday, April 21st. The downtime will begin at 3:00AM PDT and end at approximately 11:00AM PDT.
When 3.1.1 goes live tomorrow, all talents will be reset to take care of display and spending issues.
Quote from: Eyonix (Source)
In the next upcoming minor content patch, we will be wiping all talents which should fix a majority of talent issues that players have been experiencing. This talent wipe will not affect glyphs, but when reapplying your talent points, please be careful to match them up to the glyphs that you currently have placed.Recent In-Game Fixes
Quote from: Bornakk (Source)
Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the server has been restarted.
- The Saronite Animus in the heroic General Vezax encounter has had its health increased.
- The Mimiron hard mode has received the following changes: increased damage from Flames, increased damage from Frost Bomb (in heroic), increased damage from Water Spray, and increased the health bonus he receives from Emergency Mode.
- The damage bonus of the Frozen Power talent should no longer affect boss creatures.
- The buff players receive from Tenacity in Wintergrasp is now stronger.
- Stoneclaw Totem should no longer put a shield on hostile targets.
- The damage from a Clockwork Sapper’s Energy Sap ability has been decreased.
- General Vezax’s abilities, Mark of the Faceless and Shadow Crash, may hit players in melee range depending on the situation and player setup.
- Players should no longer be able to quench the Unquenchable Flames debuff from a Molten Colossus by using spells like Cloak of Shadows or Divine Protection. The Molten damage from when Iron Constructs turn molten has been reduced, the ground damage from Scorch has been reduced, and the total health of Ignis himself has been reduced.
- For Ignis the Furnace master, Strength of the Creator will now only affect physical damage and he will have to wait for a short time to charge after casting Flame Jets.
- Katherine Lee should no longer be attackable in Dalaran, meanies.
- Shattering Throw will no longer consume an extra 25 rage.
- The heirloom item, Discerning Eye of the Beast, will now return mana at any level.
- The item Gauntlets of the Wretched can now be sold or disenchanted.
- All of the additional creatures spawned during the XT-002 Deconstructor encounter can now be snared in either difficulty.
- It will be slightly more difficult to skip Tympanic Tantrum on XT-002 Deconstructor.
- For the Hodir encounter, the damage from Champion of Hodir’s Freezing Breath has been reduced, the haste effect from Starlight has been decreased, and the timer for the hard mode has been decreased.
- For the Thorim encounter, the Runic Colossus should stop channeling Runic Smash once engaged in combat, the Dark Rune Champion should no longer whirlwind after being disarmed, and the Runic Colossus should no longer melee when it charges.
Quote from: Ghostcrawler (Source)
UPDATE: We have since made another hotfix to just change the way the healing works completely. It now heals 5% of the death knight's health per disease on the target, up to a max of 15%. This should allow Frost and Unholy to benefit from Death Strike healing while letting Blood benefit from extra Death Strike damage. The tooltip will not reflect this change until we can patch the client.Blue Posts
Where did Kalgan go? (Source)
Kalgan is still here watching over things in Tigole's absence and his new responsibilities keep him pretty busy every day. I'm sure you'll still see him on the boards from time to time. :)
Argent Squire and Grooming Kit / Pet Leash (Source)
This is not a bug. You cannot douse your squire in pet shampoo or tie a leash to him.
This message brought to you by the ASPCNCP (Azerothian Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Non-Combat Pets).
Future 5-player Content (Source)
We are looking to add some new 5-player content. Patch 3.1 was already one of the biggest patches we've ever released content-wise though, and adding a 5-player dungeon into the patch would've only further delayed it.
10-player Ulduar's Difficulty (Source)
As much as some of the top guilds in the world have cleared all the normal modes, remember these are the top guilds for a reason, they are very good. It is good to see that the dungeon is challenging a lot of players to complete fights and progress through the instance.
Will we make adjustments to the challenge factor? We continue to make changes as we feel they are needed.
[View Remaining 9 Paragraphs]